Next Meeting for the Berthoud Historic Preservation Committee
March 2, 2017
The next meeting for the Berthoud Historic Preservation committee is March 13th. Berthoud does have some great old homes and if you want to know whats happening with Berthouds historic structures (or which properties are historic) go to a meeting and chat with a committee member.
Here are the committee members and their term;
|Heidi Short – Chair
|Ian Tinney – Vice Chair
|Trustee Chris Buckridge – Board Liaison
|Community Development Director Curt Freese – Staff Representative
The Town of Berthoud Historic Preservation Advisory Committee was formed in 2002 for the following purposes:
- Adopt criteria for review of historic resources and for review of proposals to demolish designed resources.
- Review resources nominated for designation as either a historic structure or historic district and designate those resources qualifying for such designation.
- Review and make decisions on any application for alterations to the exterior of designated historic structures or historic districts.
- Review and make decisions on any application for moving or demolishing a historic structure.
- Advise and assist owners of historic properties on physical and financial aspects of preservation, renovation, rehabilitation, and reuse, including nomination to the National Register of Historic Places.
- Develop and assist in public education programs including, but not limited to, walking tours, brochures, marker programs for historic properties, lectures and conferences.
- Conduct surveys of historic properties for the purpose of defining those of historic significance, and to prioritize the importance of identified historic properties and areas.
- Provide expert recommendations to the Board of Trustees on matters related to preserving the historic character of the Town.
- Actively pursue financial assistance for preservation-related programs.
- Remove properties from the register for reasons the HPC deems appropriate including, but not limited to, acts of God, undue hardship and public health/safety concerns.
- Establish and collect an application fee for applications made by citizens applying for historic designation or who are applying to alter or demolish a historically designated property.